Nicholls Law are specialist dispute resolution solicitors and can help you to resolve a wide range of disputes. We have many years’ experience acting for clients against all types of opponents. Whilst the majority of opponents act sensibly, some can be very awkward and aggressive – often their aim is to cause you as much harm and costs as possible.
Getting results is never easy and you will need a strong team leading the way. One of our secrets to success is the way we work effectively as a team with you and other professionals relevant to your case (for example Counsel). This approach helps us to get the best from your case and, in turn, increases your prospects of a better outcome.
Disputes are an unwanted and expensive distraction. The key to a swift resolution is clear, practical advice so you know what your options are.
At Nicholls Law, you the client, are central to everything we do. To build an excellent working relationship, we work closely with you to assess the merits of your case. Briefly, this includes:
- ascertaining the key facts;
- evaluating the evidence to support them;
- establishing your objectives;
- advising you on your legal rights and potential remedies;
- balancing the risks and rewards of the various potential outcomes;
- applying common sense to help you find the best way forward;
- developing a case strategy and timescale;
- agreeing a budget with you that is proportionate to the sum involved and the risks.
We will always attempt to negotiate or mediate a settlement. Our team are vastly experienced in negotiating settlements, however hard and unreasonable your opponent might seem, or how sensitive those negotiations might be. We look at cases practically, with the aim of achieving the best results possible for you at the earliest opportunity. This will reduce your costs and the amount of time you spend on the dispute.
Sometimes Court action is unavoidable and you may have no choice but to issue proceedings; or it may be that you are defending a claim brought against you and had no choice in the matter. Our team are experienced in conducting litigation in both the County and High Courts. This is all in a day’s work for us and you benefit from the knowledge and experience gained over many years settling cases.
We will advise you on the best funding options for your case, including standard, fixed or capped fees and Conditional Fee Agreements (CFA, but more widely known as “no win, no fee”). For claims with damages likely to exceed £500,000, we will advise you on the pros and cons of obtaining Third Party Funding (TPF). TPF involves an investor agreeing to fund your case in return for a share of the damages, if successful. We may also be able to arrange insurance to protect you against the risk of paying the opponent’s costs if you lose. Limiting the risk of financial damage is key for all our clients.
Our range of services is broad and comprehensive but to help you, here are some examples:
- Bankruptcy and insolvency claims and disputes;
- Breach of trust and fiduciary claims;
- Building and construction related claims;
- Contract disputes;
- Debt claims for businesses and individuals;
- Enforcement of money judgments;
- Financial services, insurance and bank disputes;
- Land, property and nuisance claims and disputes;
- Negligence and professional negligence claims;
- Sale of goods/supply of services;
- Shareholder and partnership disputes;
- Wills and probate disputes.